About Your Professional Development
Professional development is required for continued licensure for all educators and administrators. To be of high quality, professional development is guided by the learning needs of all students, includes accepted theory on the learning needs of educators and incorporates a planned progression for improvement on a continuing basis. A professional development plan that fulfills the licensure renewal requirements is based on the needs of the educator, the students, the school, and the school district in which the educator is currently employed.
An educator/staff member wishing to renew a professional or associate license must receive the approval of his or her Local Professional Development Committee for an Individual Professional Development Plan that includes the following requirements to be completed during the five year period following the issuance of the license to be renewed:
- Six semester hours of coursework related to classroom teaching and/or the area of licensure; or
- 180 contact hours in workshops or equivalent activities related to classroom teaching and/or the area of licensure as approved by the Local Professional Development Committee of the employing school or school district.
- Coursework, workshops, or other equivalent activities may be combined.
Click on the links below to obtain more information about each of these topics.
- Using the LPDC Online Form Management System
- Professional Development Domains
- LPDC By-Laws
- Developing Your Learning Goals
- College Credit/Semester Hours
- Equivalent Activities
- Equivalent Activities Options Chart
Meeting Dates for 2012 - 2013
|September 17, 2012||3:30pm||Administration Conference Room|
|October 22, 2012||3:30pm||Administration Conference Room|
|November 19, 2012||3:30pm||Administration Conference Room|
|December 17, 2012||3:30pm||Administration Conference Room|
|January 28, 2013||3:30pm||Administration Conference Room|
|February 25, 2013||3:30pm||Administration Conference Room|
|March 18, 2013||3:30pm||Administration Conference Room|
|April 15, 2013||3:30pm||Administration Conference Room|
|May 20, 2013||3:30pm||Administration Conference Room|
|June 17, 2013||3:30pm||Administration Conference Room|
Forms for approval must be submitted online at least one week prior to the scheduled LPDC meeting.
Documentation (Transcripts, Certificates of Attendance, etc...) should be submitted to: